Got tagged by my good friend, Kim, from Tranquil Dreams! She does a lot of craftsy things and tons of food recipes that are really delicious. This was pretty fun, though I did have to think a long time about some of the answers, hehe.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
11 Facts & 1 Photo
Dang, wish I saved last post’s photo of me for this! Here’s a crummy cellphone pic instead.
1. Travel and exploring new “worlds” is my true love. I haven’t left the continent in 2 years and it’s driving me absolutely mad!
2. I don’t understand people who say they are “bored”. Excuse me? There are so many million things I want to do in a single day, with not enough time to do them…and you have nothing to do?? I just cannot relate to that! Get a hobby!
3. 30% of the time, I dream in the 3rd person. 60% of the time I am on an adventure. 90% of the time my dreams feel sinister. 1% of the time I dream I am a boy. 100% of this does not add up to 100%.
4. I miss having a uniform like in High School. It was so much easier to get out the door in the morning when my biggest fashion choices were, Spring skirt or Winter skirt? And even in 99F weather I would still choose the winter skirt and my vest. Because I didn’t technically own a Spring skirt, short sleeves, or white knee highs since my mom thought it was an extraneous cost.
5. I’m so afraid of heights, steep escalators and glass elevators make me scream.
6. I’m a hater. It feels so good to read bad reviews of things I dislike, be it an overhyped restaurant or a terribly written popular novel.
7. I am afraid of everyone’s parents. All of them. I don’t know what to say to them or how to act around them except awkwardly.
8. I own 7 pairs of Converse shoes, but only one pair of dressy shoes.
9. Some Facebook Friend Requests of mine are at least 8 years old. Sometimes I think about finally hitting “accept”, but then I psyche myself out, thinking it’s been too long and it would be weird to accept it now. So I leave it there. And it’s gonna be 9 years old soon.
10. 90% of the games on my old Nintendo DS are Japanese dating simulations.
11. I scavenge many of my meals from leftover client food at work.
11 Questions from Tranquil Dreams
1) Cookies or Cakes?
Must I choose?! Okay…cake! It goes really well with coffee, with ice cream, with fruits, so many things :) I appreciate versatility.
2) What was your first Blu-ray or DVD you ever purchased?
Princess Mononoke! It was the first Studio Ghibli / Japanese animated movie that made it to the theaters here in NYC, as far as I can remember….and there was basically just one indie theater that had it – the Angelika. Tiny, crappy, a little run down..but so worth it. Saw it in theaters twice, and the English voices were actually really good in it. Before this movie, I didn’t trust American dubs no matter what the original language. Saw it again in theaters at IFC when it came back in Dec. 2012 … it’s still amazing!
3) Whats the most inspiring book/movie you’ve ever read/seen?
Another hard one, and this gets more difficult to answer the older I get. I feel I did have a good answer to this before, but no more….so I’ll randomly pick from my “bag” of favorites. Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. It’s technically a manga – what I like to think of as Hayao Miyazaki’s manifesto. If you’re familiar with his movies, it incorporates all the glimmers of ideas he has in them in this one series, including his overt and strong, heavily emotional environmentalist themes, his urge for harmony and balance in life, his belief that there is no true evil nor true good……and perhaps most importantly to myself, my most favorite strong female character. She is feminine but a warrior, brave but kind. Nausicaa is amazing. I read it as a kid and loved it, I wanted to be her…that never happened to me with the Disney Princess movies. If I have kids in the future, boy or girl, they must read this short manga series. I hope it inspires them as much as it does me. Plus the world that Miyazaki builds is truly incredible, vast, and varied, so much so that the reader yearns to see more and more of it. He puts such incredible detail and hard work in to every panel, and I also love how the panel layout is much more cinematic!! You can tell he came from a movies background. You don’t get repeated rectangles of the same sizes all across the page, as in American comics. It keeps things dynamic, cinematic, and emotional. I think it’s the first time I cried reading a story instead of watching one. Well, maybe with a comic it’s a little of both :)
And let’s not even talk about the movie version of Nausicaa. I can’t believe what a bastardization that was, and I’m usually someone who likes it when they change the movie adaptations…usually since I like seeing the characters I grew to love in more adventures…
Ooh! Honorable mentions to the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy for its wit, and The Princess Bride for being the best and funniest tale of High Adventure and True Love. I want to write all my love letters the way Wesley does.
4) Cats or Dogs? Or other pets?
Dogs! I used to think I like cats a lot, but realization has finally hit….the cats that I like ACT LIKE DOGS!! Hahaha. I’m allergic but the more time I spend around them, the more suppressed it’s becoming!
5) What type of music do you like?
Goth/industrial at the moment. I think that’s what it’s called. Loving the band called “And One” right now, especially their songs “Military Fashion Show” and “Timekiller“. Couldn’t find the original on Grooveshark so the linked Timekiller is the remix by Project Pitchfork…still a good one.
6) Whats your favorite Grimm’s Fairy Tales?
Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty), though I’m more of a Hans Christian Andersen fan.
7) Console, Handheld, PC or Arcades?
Handheld (Nintendo 3DS XL). I’m so busy nowadays, the only time for gaming is on my commute to and from work.
8) Favorite flavor of chips?
Sour Cream & Onion~!! Especially in the Utz brand, they are generous with their flavor powder.
9) What animal do you visit first at the zoo?
The closest one to the gate xD When I go to a zoo or tourist attraction, I look at the map and plan out my route…the ideal is a circle where I’ll see the most creatures around the park but will still return me to the exit gate upon completion. If I can, I avoid the monkeys….I really don’t like monkeys/apes….
10) What food could you eat every single day?
Mashed potatoes with butter and cream cheese. It’s actually really bad…if I make some and no one is there to shame me, I have actually eaten mashed potatoes for an entire week instead of real meals…
11) Who is your favorite superhero?
Omni-Man! I’ve been reading a comic series called Invincible (owned by Image Comics), written by Robert Kirkman. He’s the guy who created “The Walking Dead” series, and a great writer. I was debating between Omni-Man and his son, Invincible….but the titular hero is a little eh right now, and his father’s story arc where I am now – volume 6 – is awesome, he has real evolution happening. And he’s got a great moustache.
1. What superpower would you pick for yourself?
2. If you had superpowers, would you be a hero? Villain? Something inbetween? AKA what would you actually do with your powers?
3. What’s the next place in the world you want to travel to? Money is no object. And tell me why you chose that place!
4. What was the first video game you ever played?
5. What was the best present anyone has ever given you?
6. Is there a certain time period or decade you wish you were born in?
7. Is there someone in your life whom you could not live without? Like if they died exactly now, you would not know how to continue or envision the future anymore? Be honest, it’s okay if the answer is “myself”.
8. What do you want to do when you retire?
9. What was the most expensive thing you ever bought, and how did you justify it?
10. Have you ever realized a friend of yours is toxic to you? If yes, have you successfully broken ties?
11. Say the Zombie Apocalypse happened, civilization is broken, and you are part of a small group of survivalists. What skills do you bring to the table? Brood mother is totally an option!
Time to tag people!
You don’t have to answer, but it sure is fun :) I’m new to this whole blogging thing so I’m not very familiar with anyone yet…maybe that’ll change soon? Hope I tagged this correctly, I’m not *entirely* sure how it works!